Skip to content
What you need
- 600 grams Braising Steak cut into 4 pieces
- 150 grams Onions peeled and cut into chunky wedges
- 150 grams Carrots peeled and cut into chunky wedges
- 1 stick Celery strings removed and cut into chunky wedges
- 400mls Guinness
- 1 Oxo Cube (500 mls Gravy)
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 20 mls Tomato Paste
- 30 mls Honey
- Sunflower Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Milled Pepper
What to do
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan; start to colour the vegetables over a high heat.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan heat a little oil until very hot and fry the seasoned beef to colour well.
- As the vegetables start to colour add half the honey and cook for a couple of minutes
- Deglaze the pan with the Guinness and allow to reduce well.
- Add the gravy, tomato puree and thyme to the Guinness, then pour over the beef and vegetables.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 1-2 hours until the meat is tender.
- Adjust the seasoning and consistency, then add the remaining honey.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: