Skip to content
What you need
- 25 grams butter
- 200 grams Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5 grams Ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 750 grams Carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 25 grams Honey
- Sea Salt
- Freshly milled pepper
- Lemon Juice
- 1 Litre chicken or Vegetable stock
- 50 mls Double Cream
What to do
- Melt the butter and sweat the prepared vegetables gently along with the ginger, season well with salt and pepper.
- As they soften add half the honey and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and a little lemon juice and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat so that the soup just simmers.
- Cook for about 25 minutes until the vegetables are really soft.
- Blitz until you have a smooth puree then add the remaining honey.
- Adjust the seasoning and add half the cream.
- Ladle into warm bowls and swirl a little extra cream on top.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: